Hey there! I know it’s been a while and I have so much to share with you all…but first things first! This post is about my favorite brush pen!!! Now, if you’ve seen any of my posts or visited my website you know that I am a hand lettering artist and calligrapher. I’ve been hand lettering for almost three years now and I’ve never shared a post like this which is kinda shocking but here we are.
My favorite brush pen hands down is the Tombow Fundenosuke Hard Tip – the blue one! I’m not 100% sure if it’s my favorite because it was the first brush pen that I’d ever used but it is in fact, my favorite.
Now I will share with you why I love this pen:
- The nib/tip of the Tombow Fudenosuke Hard Tip pen is hard which means that you have more control while lettering with it. I think this is definitely a plus for newbies. Using an actual paint brush can be difficult to learn to letter with and using a brush pen with a larger nib can be somewhat intimidating.
- I love black ink!!! Black ink on white paper is just beautiful. Another thing I like about the pen is the richness of the ink. The black ink in this pen is very pigmented.
- One more thing to love about the pen is that because the tip is hard, you can do brush lettering and monoline lettering with the same pen almost effortlessly. This is great for those of you who are artists and hand lettering artists at the same time.
- If you follow me on IG (if you don’t, you should @pearlfectlylettered) you know that I am infamous for flourishes, especially on my lowercase “t’s.” The Tombow Fudenosuke Hard Tip allows you have very thin…I mean hairline thin upstrokes.
- Last, but not certainly not least – I love that the size of your lettering can vary with this pen. You can letter things as small as headers for tabs and things as large as personalized wedding vows. On a future blog post I will share with you the lettering I did on tabs for my home management system.
There you have it! Five reasons why the Tombow Fudenosuke Hard Tip pen is my favorite and go to pen for brush lettering!